Thursday, September 18, 2008

Hair!

So I totally love doing hair, I've been doing hair since I was in the 9th grade, can't tell you how many "prom" hairstyles I've done. The point of all this, you're wondering? The point is that my little girls were not blessed by the hair gods. Its a sad, sad thing. They both have super fine hair, and my oldest? Oh my, my oldest. She has the biggest cowlick right on the front of her hairline, she can only part her hair on the right side, it will not go to the left. So anyway, sometimes doing my girls' hair is a slight challenge. I decided we would try growing it out now (they both have really cut bobs) and see if it thickens up or something. If you're in the same boat as me, maybe this will help. Every now and again, I'll post some different hairstyles and hopefully you'll like them! Yay! Or maybe you'll hate them. Boo. Either way, here goes.




This first one is my younger daughter, her hair is super fine and stringy, but she's super cute so she can pull it off. Sort of. This could be really cute on someone with thick long hair, just after you curl it you can pin up the curls all over, very pretty. As for little one here, she looks more like a Spartan, or maybe like a mohawk. I think it was super cute in person though.

First pull all the hair into pony tails, one after another. Usually you add the hair from the first to the next and so on, but I left all the hair out. This is when her hair was still a little damp and before I curled it. I guess you could leave it like this if you were going for something funky?

Here's what it looked like curled, from the back.

different angle...

Here's what she looked like from the front, we did add a flower clip to that top pony on one side, it was very sweet and pretty with the curls.


All in all this is pretty fast and easy, but with a cute look too! I've been working on hair bows and such a lot lately, so I'm sure I'll post pictures of those soon. Maybe I'll do a little tutorial on how to make bows? Who knows?! Not me.

No comments: