Monday, September 8, 2008

I know...I know....

Obviously, I haven't been keeping up on posting for this blog--but that doesn't mean I haven't been doing anything crafty or fun! Well, maybe it means that a little bit, but hey, I am trying!
It has been a little screwy here with my oldest starting kindergarten (crazy, I know!) and having an almost four month old and then going back to work, plus my husband's working full time and going to school too. Did I say screwy? I meant MANIACAL!! hee hee thats a great word... (I use thesaurus.com sometimes when I need a lift and I get tired of saying 'crazy'. Just so you know. If you couldn't figure it out. Whatev.)
So anyway, this did have a point somewhere. And that is: I HAVE been doing stuff, just not quite as much as I would like to. What I have done: I've been doing some bows, sort of, and I totally will post pictures of those....someday. Also been doing daughter's hair for school every day pretty cute (well almost everyday) and thought I could post some of those, just to give some idea's if you're in a rut. Also been trying to bake and cook more and found a recipe for these AWESOME and EASY (even better!!!) cookies! Gonna post the recipe now. Go! :

Buy a package of 'Oreos' (I even bought the cheap store brand and they still rocked)
Get a 8 oz. package of cream cheese (softened)
and you'll need some almond bark as well.

Take the Oreos and the cream cheese, and stick them in your food processor. Grind and mix them until its all mixed into a pasty wad. (sounds appetizing ha? but it truly is!) Roll the wad out into little balls (I smooshed mine down so they looked like peppermint patties, I think they're better that way), and then stick them in the fridge to cool and firm up. While they're doing that, get our your almond bark and start melting it. When its ready, dip your little patties in it and set aside to cool. The recipe also said you could decorate them with little candies or candy canes. I added crushed up candy canes to half of them and thought the plain ones were just as amazing, so next time I won't even go to the effort with the candy canes. But maybe some other candy would be even better? Try it out if you want! But thats pretty much it. After dipping and they're cool, just eat 'em! Oh seriously, had them yesterday and I'm still thinking about them.... yum... gonna make more soon...
You'll have to tell me if you try them and if you loved them as much as I did! Scratch that, if you don't like them I don't want to know, you can't ruin this for me! Gonna go rummage through my pantry now for some sweet sugary goodness....

1 comment:

MakingChanges said...

Okay, so I just discovered that you do another blog! YEAH! Love this one. Great ideas. I like that you are sharing what you are doing with all your wonderful talents!~